Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) mobilized the harbor development project site in K. Maafushi on 8th April 2023.
The project, which is valued at MVR 76.48 million, includes:
- New harbor basin dredging operations in an area measuring 63,711 cubic meters.
- Maintenance dredging operations in a 28,836 cubic-meter-area.
- Channel dredging operations in an area measuring 4,414 cubic meters.
- Construction of a breakwater measuring 31 meters.
- Construction of a 680-meter rock boulder revetment and a geo bag revetment measuring 700 meters.
- Construction of a quay wall of 374 meters.
- Construction of a concrete jetty measuring 160 meters by two meters.
- Construction of a bridge measuring 19 meters by three meters.
- Installation of 1,869-square meters of harbor pavement and harbor lights.
MTCC also mobilized the land reclamation and shore protection project in K. Gulhi on the same day, which includes the construction of a rock boulder revetment, a geo bag revetment, and a rock boulder groyne.