Now Reading
Ahmed Shareef Appointed Managing Director of Maldives State Shipping

Ahmed Shareef Appointed Managing Director of Maldives State Shipping

Ahmed Shareef steps into the role of Managing Director at Maldives State Shipping (MSS), ushering in a new chapter for the company.

Shareef is also the Chairman of the Police Board under the Maldives Police Service Act. His journey to this pivotal role includes tenure as the Senior Council Executive of Male’ City Council.

Shareef’s professional journey commenced in 1988 as an assistant editor at Television Maldives, followed by a stint as a journalist at Haveeru.

Established on April 5, 2020, MSS operates with 99% ownership under the State Trading Organization (STO), with Fuel Supply Maldives (FSM) holding the remaining 1%. During the last three years, the company experienced significant success, emerging as one of STO’s most profitable subsidiaries by the end of 2022.

Shareef follows in the footsteps of predecessors, including Captain Abdulla Saeed, who transitioned to Managing Director of STO, and Captain Mohamed Nazim, who helmed MSS until the conclusion of President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih’s term.

The announcement of Shareef’s appointment surfaced through a post on X, where MSS extended congratulations, marking a shift in the company’s leadership landscape.

See Also

MSS also announced the appointment of Captain Ahmed Zubair as the Deputy Managing Director and Captain Ibrahim Rafeeu as the Chief Operating Officer.

MMJ News Desk
Author: MMJ News Desk

View Comment (1)
  • It was great seeing how much work you put into it. The picture is nice, and your writing style is stylish, but you seem to be worrying that you should be presenting the next article. I’ll almost certainly be back to read more of your work if you take care of this hike.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

© Maldives Maritime Journal. All Rights Reserved.